Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pinterest Project Complete!

I found this picture on Pinterest and pinned it 3 weeks ago.


I LOVED IT!  Why?  I don't rightly know...but I do.  I'm not a seamstress, but this heart made of vintage old spools just spoke to me.  I decided to keep my eyes out while junkin!!

Last Sunday {just two weeks after pinning this} I happened upon a GIANT mason jar FULL of old spools!!!  It was meant to be...and it only cost me $10.00!!  {I came across another whopper of a find steal...and I will blog about that another time!!}


So THAT NIGHT I began designing my new heart.  Like so...



I had told my bff, Ashlee, that if I didn't complete this project soon I wanted her to take the spools away from me...I wanted some accountability to finish the project!!!  So last week I finally put the whole project together.  I am happy the way it turned out, and thrilled to have completed at least one Pinterest project!!! ;)






10 comments:

  1. LOVE it! Would be perfect for my mom's sewing room.
    - Lora

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute! I LOVE how it turned out. I wish I had more spools lying around to make something like this. Thanks for sharing at Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find! I am not a seamstres but I also love the look of vintage spools. I have started a collection. I should blog about it some time. Thanks for sharing your beautiful spools.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your version more! The frame finishes it off nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Pinning this!! I have just been pilling up my thread spools after they are empty and had no idea what to do with them! No I do!

    Stopping in from the Sew Can Do Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! It's nice to see someone pin something and actually make what they pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun project! I featured you today on my Kick-Off Friday post! Have a great weekend!

    http://craftivitydesigns.blogspot.com/2013/05/kick-off-friday_24.html

    Erica @ Craftivity Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so (sew) cute! I love it! Featuring it tonight - thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing CHange

    ReplyDelete