Saturday, September 17, 2016

AUGUST 2016 Round-up

Well howdy there August!!
It was a full and fast month....so let's get to it!

Football camp was the first week in August...


The first weekend in August we drove to Waco for a mini family reunion...but before that we stopped at the Silos, shopped, ate and shopped some more!!  We all had a great time at the reunion at my Uncle Larry's house, but somehow I didn't get a single picture.  Boo. 



Owen lost his first tooth!!!


I worked on B's room...I might post more pics later...but she never keeps her room clean, so it is hard to get any good pictures! ;)


The Norris girls stopped by to give goodbye hugs and take a quick pic.  We miss them so much...:(



Owen lost ANOTHER tooth!!  


We celebrated my dad's birthday...:)


Joey took Friday off because we had a ton of errands to run and it was Aidan's first scrimmage...we just ended up playing ourselves.  I guess that's normal...I'm a newbie to this whole son-playing-high-school-football thing.  


Let me fill you in....when he got in the car...he STUNK!!!  Like teenage boy funk + b.o. + stinky crack.  It.was.bad.  


Next we went searching for Bos gear for the whole family, but only Joey found a shirt. 


Next it was time for SHOTS for all three of the littles!!  Yes, I am that momma who took pics while it happened!!  Haha!  Owen didn't cry till the very end...


...B was crying before they even called her name...


...and Finn was a champ!!  


We headed to Memaw's house to help take down some light fixtures.  And apparently Owen ended the day with some Fixer Upper. ;)


The following Thursday night was Meet the Teacher.  Don't they look spiffy?!!


 That Saturday night was Haley's farewell dinner.  We had a great time...even though the group of ladies didn't all know each other.  The food was great and I think H had a great time. :) (Side note...a former client of Modern Farmhouse was sitting at the table behind Haley!)



And this is what we do after our dates...take serious photos.  Always.  Yep.


{School started the following week, but I've already posted those photos...didn't want to over post on that. ;)}

We finally found out that Aidan made the 9th grade A team for football.  And apparently you have to dress up on game days (told ya, I'm a newbie).  So Joey and Aidan had to run to Walmart at 9pm to find him some clothes.  He had outgrown ALL his dress pants! :/  Anyways, he was stinkin' handsome if I do say so myself.


Thursday Night Football!!!  Our #66 is a starting Noseguard.  I'll admit, having him play is pretty darn exciting!!  I'm trying to understand football...without being too annoying to Joey.  


That Friday night the littles were with my parents so Joey, Aidan and I went to the varsity game!!  


Sunday we taught upstairs in preschool...I love when Aidan actually gets on their level and pretends with them. 


That afternoon we had 400 10 or so men and boys over to pick fantasy football teams...I guess that's what you call it.  I just stood their staring at them, and periodically cleaned the kitchen.  Ha!


The last week in August I was working to get my room ready for this school year!!  I've had some challenges this year, so my heart wasn't exactly "in" it.  The rainbow is better in person, but avert your eyes at the bottom pic if you are OCD.  My blue fan thingy is too far to the left...but I couldn't go up that stupid ladder one more time to fix it.  



And just like that....the month was over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment