Friday, June 29, 2012

Breslyn's "Vintage Inspired" Bedroom!

Well, I have been promising for months weeks that I would post about my daughter's bedroom.  I've completely almost finished every detail in her "vintage inspired" room!!!  I've worked VERY hard, scrutinizing every detail and it would kill me if no one liked it!!  Ha!  For real!  But honestly, I love it and most importantly my sweet B likes it!!  I guess that is really all that matters! :)  I truly hope you enjoy the million pics!!

This view is looking in from the hall {technically the foyer...we have a 3 bedroom house with an office.  We have a million kids, so the office became a bedroom.  Unfortunately it does not have a closet, so you will see what we've done to remedy that problem.}...


And the other side of the room...I cannot take credit for the amazing curtains.  I had the idea, but my awesomely talented mom made them!!!  They are probably my absolute favorite part of the room!


I struggled for a long time deciding what to put on this wall!  I knew what I wanted, but placing it all up there was very overwhelming!  My poor bff kept encouraging me...she gave me lots of suggestions, but I just kept avoiding this wall!!  But once I finally made my decisions there was no stopping me!!  Ha!  I made the pennants with leftover material from the curtains...love!  The letter B was a gift from my momma the day Breslyn was born...so sweet!




 This is a SPECIAL TREASURE....this green box was my great grandmothers.  And it holds some priceless possessions....most of which belonged to my great grandmother!!!  I cry just thinking about them...a beautiful script letter "L" pin, a pearl necklace, a diamond pin, a few other trinkets and one of her small coin purses.  It also holds Breslyn's first paci and very first bracelet. 






 And probably my second favorite piece in the room...my great grandma's antique dresser {which you can read about here}.


I'm a little bit in LOVE with vintage towels, napkins, cloths...and I just started collecting them!!  I believe I am gonna have to search every single antique store I go to from now on!! :))






These pillows were my very first purchase on my quest to re-do B's room.  I love them so much...even if the one on the right has my least favorite color in it {purple}!!  


And here is the solution to being without a closet....a big armoire!!  Haha!  The large letter B is wrapped in dark purple yarn.  And that was a BEATING!!  It took forever and I will never do that again!!  I do love the way it looks, but still...what a beating!  The poufs are from her Pinkalicious birthday party a few weeks ago.  I haven't decided to keep them there, hang them from the ceiling or just put them away {for other birthday parties}.  Suggestions?  


I painted the inside yellow...and love it!  It really brightened up the inside...


I personalized the plain white lamp with leftover material from the curtains.  






Every girl needs dress-up clothes...and dress-up shoes, and purses, and tiaras, bracelets, wands and scarves!!  


And to make sure every outfit, shoe, tiara, scarf and purse are in the perfect place you need a mirror!!  And let me tell you, she loves looking at herself!!  Hahaha!!  


And Miss. B's kitchen...she loves it (so does her little bro Owen!)!  It is never this clean...food, plates, cups are always thrown everywhere!!  Love the little vintage plates...hoping they never get taken off the wall and played with...hahaha!!




And another view of the curtains!!!  They are SUPER heavy...so I will have to replace the curtain rod....which we've actually already done.  Well, they were ordered {thanks Grandma!!}, they arrived, we went to put them up and they didn't come with hardware...grr!!  So we are on hold for right now!  But take my word....they are gorgeous! 


Up close view...don't look at the scuffed trim!!  Teehee!!



My first attempt at making a chalkboard...and I love it!  It's made from an old cabinet door.  You can't really tell from the picture but it has a bit of yellow coming through!!  And below the chalkboard are two plant holders.  I purchased them from Hope Depot, spray painted them and screwed them in the wall...easy peasy.  However, I must honestly say although they are super cute, they aren't practical. :(  The toys slip through the cracks.  But it holds books and bigger toys well.  It also displays more vintage cloths!








Ooooo and I am so excited about this piece!  This was from an old house in the area.  My bff and I have an inside joke about this particular object.  She bought some old wooden scraps from a warehouse and the sweet old man that ran it had a bit of an accent...he kept referring to a piece similar to this one as "windermouldin"...she finally translated that to "window molding"!!!  Hahaha!!  I adore Breslyn's windermouldin!!  :)


One last peek at the curtains...and an up close view of her bedskirt.  She had a cheap white Walmart bedskirt, and I had plans to add material to that....however, during my recent trip to Canton I came across a booth that sold vintage EVERYTHING!  Well, I found this beautiful green quilt to use as a replacement for her bedskirt!  I love it so very much...the pom-poms are adorable!!




I so hope you have enjoyed the tour!!  Sorry it was jam-packed with pictures!!


31 comments:

  1. a-DOR-able! The curtains are amazing - send Mom to my house, k? Oh, and you and I can NEVER go to Canton together - dangerous.
    You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the curtains and the bedskirt and the shutters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE everything about it...even the splash of purple...So Much Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet room, I would have loved it growing up (heck, I'd love it now!). I especially love the curtains...hmm, where could I do something like those in my house???

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE-LOVE the curtains and bedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOOO very adorable! If I had girls (all boys for me!) I'd go for a similar look. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i absolutely love the room. the curtains i really like

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute room! I think the curtains are my favorite part too! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable room. I love it. My daughter has that comforter too and I am always looking for ways to re-do her room as she grows, I will have to pin this to remember. :) Love the toy basket/planter thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I love the colors and those shutters, pillows and kitchen!!! My daughter would love a room like this! I'm still figuring out a theme we want to go with..she's only 3 now but she loves all things girly! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love her room, great colors. My fav. are the curtains. I need to make some like that. winks, jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this room! Especially those curtains <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great room! :) Those curtains are fabulous, the blanket makes an awesome bedskirt, and your grandmothers dresser is BEAUTIFUL! Great job!
    Happy Day!
    Michelle
    www.daydreambelievers.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is ADORABLE, every sweet detail of it!! So happy you linked up to Trendy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic room. The curtains look like they'd cost $500 at Anthropologie. Very nice touches you have there!! Visiting from Sweet Little Gals Trendy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous room! Your daughter is so blessed. I LOVE all the vintage touches!

    I'm your newest follower. :)

    ~Steph @ Silver Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super fun and cute! Love the ruffle drapes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This room is adorable, my favorite is the kitchen, very cut all the curtains as well, very nice work. Perfect vintage room.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I can't believe how lucky your little girl is! I hope she loves it! I love your idea for the bedskirt; I never thought to use a big blanket. Great job!

    Marissa @ http://themodernausten.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an adorable room!! I love the little wardrobe and holder for her bows. All the touches are so thoughtful and special...what a lucky girl to have such a sweet and creative mama...and such a lovely room! thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it!! Those curtains are a-mazing!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the curtains! They are awesome.

    One of the other posts here had poms hanging from the ceiling and I love that look so that would be my advice. In fact I might just have to find some for my daughter! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I mean one of the other posts in Kelly's Korner's SUYL Kids' Rooms. Sorry that may not have been clear.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your sentimental pieces and fun mix of pattern! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE those ruffled curtains!!! Super cute room! I also love that you have pics of her out for her to see;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely space and those curtains are beautiful!!! I've got this linked to my children's room DIY roundup post too today, for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all the little details and the pillows on her bed! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love all the special touches! Those shudders are so cool! And I love the added yellow in the dresser! You did an amazing job with this room!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my gosh that dresser is AWESOME! Love it :-)
    - Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a very nice room, I'm loving the vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so cute! I especially love the curtains and the way that you've mixed and matched and layered everything.

    ReplyDelete