Monday, July 5, 2010

Hand Scrub


I came across a blog back in May that was featuring gifts for teachers and I found this particular...easy gift! So I memorized what I needed and tucked it away for a rainy day!! It is a sugar scrub mix that can be used on your hands or feet....and it smells divine!!

Being on a budget sucks...I mean stinks, so when birthdays and such come along we are always looking for a way to give our loved ones a gift but on a budget...doesn't that word leave a nasty taste in your mouth? So I decided to use this sweet little project for our mothers and grandmothers for Mother's Day. I didn't take pics of those, but I did take pics when I made them again for Finley's teachers and preschool director the last day of school. It is such a fun project to do and the kiddos can easily help. You need sugar, whatever dish soap fragrance you like, and mason jars {and if you want to decorate them...material, hot glue and gun, string, ribbon and tags}. The original post I saw (but can't remember the name of) said you could buy very inexpensive SMALL jars at Walmart...but I already had some antique mason jars on hand.

Instructions: pour sugar 3/4 of the way up the jar, then add soap the rest of the way. Stir with a butter knife (this worked best for me...a spoon didn't mix it very well). Easy peasy cheesy!!

I decorated each with different material I already had. I laid the lids over the material and glued away!



The actual mason jar lids were great at keeping the material on...but I had one jar that was not a mason jar...so no lid to keep it secure! So I wrapped it with black ribbon...and it worked great!! I wrapped the others in black ribbon as well to make them uniform.



Below are the tags and embellishments i used. I had all this on hand because I LOVE LOVE LOVE to scrapbook...wish I had more time to do it though.


Anywhoo....fill out the cards and tie them on with string! Voila!!




I hope that everyone we've given them to and everyone we WILL give them to will enjoy them!!

11 comments:

  1. So simple! I can't bring myself to buy scrubs any more. I have 2 scrubs posted on my website, a lip scrub (inspired my Lush) and a full face & body scrub. Check them out if you're interested! :) envirocraftiness.blogspot.com

    ~JILL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea - I love this and will be sure to use it....maybe as a "welcome gift" for my children's teachers this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy easy - I love that! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try your scrub ideas! Thanks for sharing.
    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea! Affordable and luscious -- what could be better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us for Anything Related #14!! ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most excellent! I will be gifting these scrubs to all the family's ladies for sure! And budget doesn't sound too bad. Call yourself a Budget Queen and it sounds classy! lol! We all have to be smart savers these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever! From one budget bound friend to another, this is great! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how great! I've seen different ideas for scrubs, but I haven't seen this one yet! Thank you for sharing! I'll have to remember this.

    Thanks for stopping by for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came back to let you know that I'm featuring you this week! Come by and pick up my "featured" button if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really like scrubs. I have played around with a few recipes, but I will def try yours next time. Thanks for sharing and linking up with 6 inches of ribbon

    ReplyDelete