Thursday, April 14, 2011

Owen's Dr. Seuss Birthday Party!!


Last Saturday April 9th was Owen's first birthday party {and my 33rd Birthday...oh, I am so old!!} and we celebrated at home with a Dr. Seuss themed party!!

Oh me oh my
time has flown by....


I cannot believe this sweet boy is 1!!!


I put a lot of work into this party...probably more than any other party I have ever given my kiddos...but I promised myself last month to make a better effort at taking care of my family...that includes making birthdays even more special!!

Decorations galore
look, ceiling to floor...








I just threw these frames together at the last minute...
4 Dollar Tree frames
4 chipboard letters from Hob Lob
yellow cardstock
and some spray paint...total for the project...$6!!




Of course we had to have Green Eggs...and ham (sandwiches..no pics of...oops!!)







Party favors: buckets from Target's $1 section...I took out the original ribbon and replaced it with more of a Dr. Seuss themed ribbon!! Filled them with cotton candy and dum dum suckers!!



Dr. Seuss's Birthday book...everyone wrote a special note in it for Owen...so sweet!! The poem about his birth at the top of this post is on the inside cover of the book. Totally stole that idea from THIS wonderful blog.


My wonderful friend Julie made the cupcakes and smash cake...





His little cake with cotton candy on it...made to look like Thing 1's hair!! Too cute!!


Aunt Melony...


with Memaw...LOVE their faces in this picture!!


Grandma....


Aunt Juju....


Uncle Zach....


Sweet Faith (isn't she gorgeous??!!)...


Let's eat cake!
Not a bite I will take...


This little man is not eating table foods, and his smash cake was no exception...he cried through the singing and while I tried to get him to partake of the yummmmmy icing! It made me sad.






B eating a cupcake!


Presents please..
Oh, dad you are such a tease!!







Uncle Jason...


Pawpaw....


Ashlee...special bond here!!


Mommy, Owen and Daddy....
{his shirt says Thing 4...since you never get a very good look at it!!}


Gaga {she came straight from the theatre...performing in The Phantom)...


It was worth all the effort and time to make this sweet boys first birthday very special!!

We love you Owen Brady Tremaine...you are our special little man and we are so blessed to have you in our lives!!

One Little Candle, One Little Cake
One Little Birthday to Celebrate!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Ashley! I am IN LOVE!! This all turned out so beyond cute!! Great job friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My I ask what software did you use to design your peom/letter?
    Very nice party theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab post! It felt amazing going through this blog. I have also shortlisted some of the Chicago venues for my niece’s birthday party. I feel this party is very simple yet amazing. I would love to do something like this for her on her birthday. I am sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete