Saturday, February 18, 2017

January 2016 Round Up

January....time to stop listening to Christmas music and start on some fresh ideas!
I wanted some new walpaper for my phone, so I hit up Pinterest for some ideas.  




The beginning of the month was rough for B.  She was sick for almost an entire week.  She was throwing up and super lethargic.  Daisy was a great companion while Breslyn needed it! :) 


One project I wanted to tackle was the pantry.  I had planned on redoing it right after we moved in, but time got away from me...as well as just being lazy.  But not this time!!  I pinned a lot of ideas, decided what I could afford and went to it.  First...cleaning the pantry out...😬😣 {I must admit this project took quite a few days to complete.  With a sickie and gathering ideas, I wasn't able to get it done in just one day.}


The next project I tackled was this "Home" decor in our LR.  Well....I loved it...until...



...and I did figure out another way to hang it.  And it stayed...for about 4 days I think.  Then it fell off again, this time on top of Owen.  It hurt him bad!!  I felt like a terrible momma.  But it is no longer in the house.  And we look like we are now promoting the "hoe" life in our LR!!  ðŸ˜‚😂😂

Sickness continued...


I bought and hung a new wooden banner in Owen's room...


And FINALLY,  on the 9th, I finished the pantry.  I was able to use a lot of things I found in the garage, and only had to purchase a few things from Walmart!  I'm happy with how it turned out.


This kid...I asked him if he was ready for middle school next year.  His response was no...and I wondered if it was because he would be a little fish in a big pond, or if kids will be mean.  My heart started to hurt...then he said he is gonna miss P.E.  And suddenly all was right again.


I got a new planner and I love it.  I can scrapbook in it and it has room for pictures!  


January 15th the Cowboys played their final game and we had the Edstrom's over to watch...and after the game we played Quiddler.  Shelly and I were pretty proud of our words!!!  haha!


Just another day in paradise...


I decided during my quiet time to journal every verse in the Bible that refers to Christ's love for me.  I NEED to read, see and RECOGNIZE his love for me, because there are days I feel distanced from him.  


The 20th we took Linda out for her anniversary.  We went to On the Border and it was delicious!


That Sunday I helped Jerri and Mimi shop for Mimi's bedroom!!  We had so much fun, and I think Mimi will love the finished product!


The next week I got to hang out with my parents for lunch and a little shopping!  I loved it.  I kinda like them. 😉


That Friday I met my friend Ashley for lunch!  Even though we see each other at work, there isn't a lot of time to talk.  So we met up for yummy food and great conversation!!


 Finn has drum lessons every Monday after school, so Owen and B do their homework in the car while we wait.  


I spent the last part of January sick with a semi sore throat, snot and allergies.  Blah. 

And just like that another month has passed. 👋

No comments:

Post a Comment