Sunday, January 7, 2018

DECEMBER 2017: Round Up

I finally made it to December!!  Praise da Lort!  


And now for his ACTUAL birthday...on Friday December 1st!!  Happy 40th Birthday Joseph!!🎊🎉🎈 The reason we did all the celebrating before his actual birthday is because he was in Las Vegas!!  That was what he wanted for his birthday.  No big party, just a trip to spend time with his friend Bryan!  


He got to race around a real race track!!  Dream come true!  


Meanwhile on the old home front...we were having a big ol sleepover with the Edstrom kids.  


Saturday I met mom up at her church (and also where I work) for a ladies craft and cookie party!  We had so much fun!  Thanks mom!


That Monday night we went to a Christmas performance at a local church...it was so great....like HUGE set, beautiful choir, real camels and flying angels!!  Fun fun!




I started reminiscing looking through old pics....MELT.MY.💖!!!




Friday the 8th Daisy woke up with a very swollen eye...this pic doesn't do it justice.  We loaded her up with Benadryl and the swelling eventually went down!


I just needed a pic with my big boy.  I love him so.


Saturday was dress rehersal for Sounds of the Season...


...and it wore these two flat out...you can't see Owen but he's snoring away in his seat!!


 Finally it was time for the actual performance!!!  It started out with a little visit from Cousin Eddie!!😂😂😂  Followed by some other famous people....



...the Grinch...


...Mariah Carey...



...Elvis...


 and finally Rudolph!!



My dad played his baritone...it's terrible picture quality, but it was so moving and beautiful!  And weeks later Breslyn and Owen are still referring to how much they liked this version!




And flowers for the fantastic director!!  Mom worked SO.VERY.HARD on this performance!  And it showed...it was a packed house and we all loved it!!  I can't wait to see what she puts together for next year!



 Some of our friends came to the show and we decided to all go out to dinner afterwards.  It was delicious and loud!  


The following week was busy with work, kids finishing up school and....Owen getting the flu. NOOOOO!!! 😷  I had to leave work early Thursday afternoon to pick him up.  He was running 102.9, had a headache and was throwing up.  Luckily Friday morning our doctor got him right in and diagnosed him with the flu.  



That night Ashley V, my co-teacher at HR, and I went to our work dinner party.  The food was so good!!  We enjoyed people watching and taking pics!!


This is our director at HR...and she is wonderful.  Janssen is such a sweet, God-fearing, loving, caring woman.  I am so happy to be working under her. 


Monday I called in from work and stayed home with Owen.  He was just so pathetic.  Still running a high fever.  But I went in on Tuesday and Aidan stayed home and babysat for me.  We had such a good day.  It was party day/pajama day/go out to eat lunch day and we were excited!!





Wednesday I went on to work...even though Obug begged me to stay home with him.  Luckily my dad was able to take him back to the doctor....this time he left with antibiotics and prescription cough meds! 🙌🙌🙌

Friday after my FREEZING cold run I climbed back in bed and Daisy joined me!  We snuggled in until Joey had to get up for work! 


I was taking some selfies because today I was getting my hair did!!!  Ha!  New cut, new color!!  AND....Owen was finally feeling better!!!  Thank you Lord!


The assistant director at my HR job was also a cosmetologist and I asked her to fix me up!!  I even got in a little snuggle time with two of her kiddos!!  



And the final product!!!  I love it and I will NEVER die my own hair again!  This was the first time having a professional dye/highlight my hair...and I am loving it!


That night all the boys spent the night with Gaga and Gpa...and this crazy girl had alone time with mommy and daddy!  We had lots of errands to run that night and the next day...



And just like that it was Christmas Eve!  We had dinner and played games at my parent's house.  My momma is gonna kill me for this picture, but this game is hilarious!!  It is called Hearing Things and we had a blast playing it!  


We headed home so they could open their "one" Christmas Eve gift...that's always pjs!  



And then it was finally Christmas Day (which I will be sharing in another post)!!!


This motley crew celebrated for HOURS!!  We ate, played games, ate, napped, ate, played more games and then tried to take a group picture...this was the best we could get!! haha!!


It was a great month and a great Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Hii Ashley! All the pictures you shared are nice and it seems that you enjoyed your Christmas. Glad to know that you had an amazing time. Thanks for sharing your awesome memories with us.

    Things to do in Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete