Thursday, February 9, 2012

One of Those Afternoons...

It has been one of those afternoons where I just want to quit....

you know the kind...

when your children have to whine about E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G!!  First they are STARVING, but they HATE everything that's offered.  Then they MUST irritate each other, followed by SCREAMS, tears and loud squeals.  Then they CHOOSE to speak disrespectfully to me.

It's beyond frustrating that I take the time to plan meals....work hard searching, gathering and preparing said meals only to hear, "I DON'T LIKE THAT!!  YOU NEVER MAKE ANYTHING I LIKE!!!  YOU HATE ME!!"  Or the equally frustrating..."I'm not hungry."  I am making something new tonight...and I KNOW I will hear plenty of opinions about it!! 

I have dust in EVERY corner in my house, dirty toilets, sticky floors, piles of paperwork, messy closets, about 1600 legos all over one child's bedroom, plastic food strewn over B's room, about 1,000 baseball cards in another room.

I need to put together about 45 Valentine's Day cards....

I need to finish up a basket for a silent auction...

at this point I am just whining, but I just feel like whining!!  Ha! 

Here's for a better day tomorrow!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. And I'll put the dog hair on my floor up against the dust in your corners any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog via Simple Organized Living, and I really, really needed to read this today. I'm super overwhelmed and feeling guilty for having nothing done (there's a baby asleep on my lap), and I just needed that sort of "I'm not alone" affirmation. So thanks for posting this a month ago. :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete