Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Psalm 51 Experience

I have deemed Psalm 51 as my life chapter...
I know....most people have life verses, not me, nope....
I need a WHOLE chapter!!  Ha!
If I had to focus on a few verses {technically} it would be vs: 10-13

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
   and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
   or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
   and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.  
13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
   so that sinners will turn back to you.

You couldn't have written more perfect words to describe my drought from Christ than verse 11.  For six years I was missing my God, my Redeemer, my All.  I accused Him of leaving me, when in reality I had put up a wall and wouldn't let Him in.  But I knew one day I would be restored, one day I would feel that great depth of emotional healing that only Christ could bring.  I was under the impression that to "feel" God {in other words, get all tingly} was the best way to acknowledge His unspoken words.  What I didn't realize was that was how an immature Christian relies on God.  A mature Christian relies on the Bible....God's written words, a prayer life and Christian accountability.  
I am so grateful for Christ's love....
I am a sinner, His love sets me free....
Because of his freeing love....
I can worship openly....
Because I can worship openly....
I am able to take part in a Beth Moore Bible Study....
Because of this bible study....
I found my life chapter/verse....
Because I found myself in these verses....
I can weep with gratitude.

I sat last night bawling my eyes out reading the words of Psalm 51 to Joey.  I wept with such joy.
I pray the words of this book reach out to others....that they realize...God CAN and WILL forgive you of all your sins...even the deep, dark, dirty ones that you hope no one knows about.  He knows, and He is just waiting for a confession of those sins.  Once we confess, we are cleansed of all our past.  What a wonderful gift!!!!  He forgives, cleanses and RESTORES!!  
Hallelujah!!


*****
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment