Friday, May 21, 2010

My heart is saddened. I can't really explain every detail here on my blog, but there is just so much sadness going on around me. I say around me, but really it's just what I've heard and read. It is difficult to not lose hope and maybe faith when so many couples are getting divorces. Sweet, honest, Christian, God-loving, normal couples. What has changed? Why do I feel like I have heard more than my fair share of sadness? It is difficult to be positive, praise our God and be encouraged when the world is falling apart morally. I read more blogs than I care to admit...let's just say I'm addicted...shame on me. :) Although reading these blogs sometimes makes me envious of what I don't have or can't accomplish, they have also opened my eyes to important information, happiness, sadness and overall wonderment. I read about ways to make your home beautiful, how to deal with unruly kiddos, how important it is to show your kids God's love and His way, how people deal with the greif when they have lost a child. I don't feel overwhelmed with depression, although I know what that is like, my heart is just so heavy for those hurting in the world. All I feel that I can trust in is prayer. I have not been so great at praying the last few years. I have not felt that strong emotional connection to my God for quite some time. I still pray, and hope and wonder what the future holds for my family and friends. I now resolve myself to prayer....my comfort in this crazy messed up world. Prayer...let it by your prescription for hope, health and happiness.

1 comment:

  1. I understand what you're saying. Sometimes the ugliness of the world can overwhelm us. The most important thing we can do is not to lose hope or faith. God is still on His throne. He is still more than capable of turning bad to good. I wish I could tell you the story of my family so that you could see the way He works. I know prayers are answered!!

    ReplyDelete