Friday, October 19, 2012

My Rescuer

So the last few weeks (and a few to come) Joey has been working overtime.  It's hard...it's hard for him, and it is hard at home.

Sometimes I want to rescued from these difficult days; sometimes I need peace from this life in crazy town; sometimes I feel I need a hero; sometimes I think that Joey should be that - that rescuer, that peace and that hero.

But I must realize that he is just a human, as am I....I cannot be his everything either.

But there is One...one who is my rescuer, my peace maker and hero....

Sunday at church we sang a new song during worship.  I just cried listening to the words of the chorus.  Those words were exactly what I needed and deeply desired to hear!  The song is beautiful...enjoy!

You are the source of the life
I can’t be left behind
No one else will do
I will take hold of You

I need You Jesus
To come to my rescue
Where else can I go

There’s no other name by
Which I am saved
Capture me with grace
I will follow You

This world has nothing for me
I will follow You
This world has nothing for me
I will follow You





No comments:

Post a Comment