Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tray Transformation

Saw this idea on another blog and decided to copy it!! To make....gather a tray {got mine at Goodwill for .99...it was already black, but you can also spray paint an old tray any color you want}, wooden letter {from Hobby Lobby for less than $2, spray painted it white} and ribbon. I also sanded up the edges of the tray and letter. I chalked up the edge of the "T" as well.


This is my small stash of ribbon...I have lots more!! I just chose ribbon that would be complimentary colors...pretty easy when you are just using black and white! ;)


Now on the blog I saw she had an "O", so she ran her wide ribbon through the hole in the top of the tray then directly through the whole in the "O" and then glued the ends together...super cute. BUT...since I don't have that option I was just gonna staple my ribbon to the back of the letter. However, after talking to my one of my besties, I went with looping them around the top with cute little knots. What do you think....should I have gone the other route...or do you like it this way?




There she is in all her glory! I like the way it turned out! I hung it from my mantle to give you a better look at it. At first I wasn't sure where to hang it permanently...but ended up putting it in our kitchen.


{see the orange thing above the tray? that is the start of my new Fall/Halloween mantle...which I will show next Monday!!}




And here is how I made my own "hanger". I am also copying this idea. Duh...how easy!! I wish I could remember which blog I got it from, cause I'd love to give her credit!! You just super glue a small piece of ribbon on the back...normally I would have made a special trip to Walmart, just for the claw hangy thingy!! Ha! But not anymore!! As long as the "art" doesn't weigh very much, this should always work! Yay!!


Hope you enjoyed my little tray project!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!!

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love the letter and the accent ribbons! You did a fabulous job! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice-looking family photo!

    Following you now from Feature Yourself Friday. Please follow back!

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! What a great idea! Something I would love to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love any project with initials! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites! Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete