Monday, February 7, 2011

Just Married PART 1

Our church {the one we are attending, but want to soon call home} is doing a series on marriage.

Sunday was particularly interesting....our preacher spoke on the "roles" of the man and wife {according to the scriptures}....you could cut the tension with a knife. I could see the men squirm in their seats and the women perk up with curious ears ready for a battle. I could see many couples nod their heads in agreement with what was said. I saw many couples with sadness or confusion on their faces.

I was one deeply interested in what was being said. I agreed with everything he said. And he pointed out a fact that I have never EVER even noticed before {more to come on that}!

{BEFORE I CONTINUE....I am not here to woman bash, nor do I believe in women being dragged around by their hair as cave-women. I do not believe women should only be barefoot and pregnant cooking in the kitchen. BUT I do believe in the truths of the Bible, and I choose to try to live my life to the standards to which it sets.}

FIRST and foremost....everyone wants to be in CONTROL!! Big surprise!!

I personally know so many couples who are having difficulties in their marriages because the woman is in control of the household....why? Because their husbands are PASSIVE AVOIDERS. "In the absence of godly men, women respond INDEPENDENTLY." In other words, when men refuse to become involved the women have to take over and make all the decisions. That is not the way God designed marriage.

Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. 1 Corinthians 11:3

We are all subject to GOD...and we are subject to our husbands. We need to support them in their decisions, lift them up to Christ in prayer, and respect the position they are in as head of the home.

Now onto something I DID NOT KNOW....{or really never paid attention to before}:

When Eve spoke with the serpent and partook of the fruit, she was WITH ADAM!!
6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

I have grown up thinking that Eve was to blame for it all because I was under the impression that she ate it...TOOK IT to Adam and then sin entered the world. But that is NOT TRUE!! Adam was right there...observing this act...allowing it all to happen without stepping up as the head of the "household". This is a prime example of what many couples are going through right now!! Adam abandoned his position as husband by BEING PASSIVE {it's not that Adam listened to Eve, but that he DIDN'T listen to God}. Adam avoided his responsibility as husband by CASTING BLAME {on Eve..great husband!!}. And SO...in the absence of godly men, women respond INDEPENDENTLY!

We will experience conflict when we fail to fulfill our God-ordained ROLES.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. I remember when I first found out about the Adam thing, he has just as much of the responsibility. Maybe you should ask them or write your own thoughts on what a woman's right response is when her husband isn't wanting to be involved or take charge. I am a strong woman and my husband is great for me but when he doesn't do something that I think is important..well, what then? Ya know? What do you think?! Maybe they will talk about it at church, sounds like a good series!!

    ReplyDelete