Sunday, March 31, 2013

Finley: Best Decision Ever

I seem to not be able to stay away from the blog today!!  I did not plan on writing ANOTHER post today...but then bedtime changed my mind...

Joey had mentioned how Finley had said something to him about wanting to ask Jesus into his heart.  So tonight as I was putting him to bed I brought up the subject.  He immediately teared up.

I asked him what was wrong and he said he just didn't know how to ask him into his heart.

I told him that I could lead him in a prayer...but I wanted to make SURE that he really wanted to make this step, so I asked him numerous times if he wanted to wait/if he was sure this is what he wanted.  Without a doubt, this is what he wanted.

I was able to lead him in a sweet prayer asking God to forgive him of his sins, thanking Jesus for dying on the cross and asking Jesus into his heart.  Oh.such.joy.  My heart was overflowing with love and happiness.  I could tell he was so proud and excited and a little nervous.

I love you Finley and I am so proud of you for making the best decision you will ever make in your entire life!!  
xoxo, mom


No comments:

Post a Comment