Thursday, August 2, 2012

Compelled

After much prayer and careful consideration I have decided to share:

*I am a CHRIST FOLLOWER.
*I believe that homosexuality is a sin...
*...so is lying, cussing, murder, lusting, stealing, etc.
*As a CHRISTIAN I love everyone...I do NOT however love their sin 
OR my OWN SIN!
*I enjoy Chick-Fil-A food.
*I will continue to eat there.
*By supporting CFA, I am NOT gay-bashing...
*...even though "we" are being called bigots by every liberal group.
*I am thoroughly disturbed by the images flooding Facebook.
*I am saddened by the hatred and anger by pro-gay supporters.
*I've cried numerous times over the last few days thinking about God's word being distorted by people that should not be quoting from it, because of their lack of experience from reading it!!  
*I'm upset that the negative words circulating the media portray Christians as heinous people, only out to judge those different than us. 


The fact of the matter is we are all sinners:

Romans 3:23

New International Version (NIV)
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God


The fact of the matter is we all must ask forgiveness from God:


If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.


The fact of the matter is people are going to hate Christians and what we represent:

Matthew 10:22

New International Version (NIV)
22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

And the fact of the matter is I will NOT FEAR MAN over God:

Matthew 10:28

New International Version (NIV)
28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.


I struggled getting ready to write this post...I am not afraid of what others might say to me...I am not afraid of losing followers because I am standing up for what I believe...for what's right.  But that doesn't make this an easy post for me to write.  I pray whoever reads this is moved...not to anger, not to lash out at me...but moved to ask questions.  I am happy to answer any questions.  
I pray that this will inform, not condemn.  
I just pray.

1 comment: