Thursday, August 23, 2012

Overflow of My Heart

Luke 6:45 The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart.  For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.  :(

Right now evil is slip sliding right on out of my mouth....I know it is coming from the overflow of my heart.  

My heart is frustrated with a lot of things right now...
I'm tired of having headaches.
I'm angry that I'm now on blood pressure medication.
I'm irritated that my weight loss is a stand still...20lbs gone, then nuthin.
I'm pissed at myself for eating crap.
I'm done listening to children whine.  Enough already.  I don't want to have to say "shh" one more time.  I don't want to hear that wonderful noise made from putting one's hands to one's mouth.  I don't want to hear one more high-pitched scream, or see kids running through the house accidently knocking over a baby, or getting disrespected by a 10 year old who thinks he knows everything.
I'm bored with doing the same thing every boring day.
I'm frustrated with living paycheck to paycheck.  It gets old...FAST.
I'm disappointed in myself for all the whining I just did....but I still FEEL all of it just the same.

I need my heart to do some reflecting...
I need to start taking my new headache medicine and see what happens.
I need to be happy that the blood pressure meds are only $4 {an answer to prayers!}.
I need to figure out what's going on with my weight and if I need a new system {but continue to be happy that 20lbs are gone (technically 29 but that's for another post)}
I need to realize "crap in, crap out"!  Ha!  Not literally but it's an awful cycle....eat bad, feel bad, eat bad, feel bad.
I need to remember to be thankful for each little "blessing" God has given me.  I need to be grateful for the job of watching two extra "blessings", which God has provided for me these last two weeks.
I need to realize life is about to get way hectic REAL soon.
I need to stick to our new budget plan and see what happens...we might not have cable, or we might keep it...but either way we can be happy...and we WILL continue to tithe.
I need to be thrilled to have this little space in blogland that I can come and rant and rave then praise and give thanks!!!

I pray that as God works on my heart I can work on my mouth...that I won't spew mean words or use a mean spirit to talk to my babies and my husband.

I pray that God would dig down deep in my soul and give me comfort in the times of frustration.  My Bible sits on my counter so I can go to it constantly for encouragement to make it through each day.  I know that His work on my heart and the Bible on my counter is sufficient for me!!



1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, sweetie. One thing/step at a time. I know how exhausting and discouraging the headaches alone can be, so with all the rest, it's no wonder you're discouraged. Call anytime!

    ReplyDelete