Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Busy Tuesday...Busy Life

Well, life has been so busy lately.  And sadly or happily, it will only get busier!  Change is happening...change is still coming.  I'm not a huge fan of change.  Now don't get me wrong, until we moved into this house we were gypsies!!  We moved 7 times in SIX years!!  I like starting fresh in a new house, new city, new environment.  But there are some changes that start off slowly coming and then BAM they are in your face, no turning back now!!  

One of those MANY changes is that my oldest will be entering middle school and my baby girl will be going into Kinder.  I have cried myself to sleep, cried in the shower, prayed many hours, cried in the car, cried doing dishes, pondered way too much over these upcoming events!  

It's not just that they are growing up and leaving me forever but that I don't have a clear picture into the future.  What is coming for me?  What will I do without her at home?  What will I do when be still my heart Owen goes to school?  

Our pastor taught from the book of Psalms this past Sunday.  David wrote this passage while in deep despair....

Psalm 34: 17-18:

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
    he delivers them from all their troubles.
18 
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.


I leaned over to Joey in the service and told him that this was my new favorite verse!!  

In prayers I have told the Lord my heart, my hurts and my desires.  I know that I can always go to Him.  Sometimes I wish He answered faster, but that is not often the way He works.  

Today I took many hurts to Him.  JUST as I finished my prayer time, Joey sent me an email.  It was a youtube video of the AMAZING Adrian Rogers.  He was speaking on "The Battle for Your Mind"...that was EXACTLY what I had gone to God about 1 minute prior!!  I knew God had worked through Joey to show me that He in fact does hear me when I call.  

During my prayer time...after spilling my life out before God, I couldn't help but praise Him!!  The song that came to my mind was "Draw Me Close To You."  I just sat there singing these words through tears...such beautiful words!

No comments:

Post a Comment