Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My Dad

Once you say something....or write something down, you have officially put "it" out there.  You can't take it back...and THAT makes it REAL.  Very real.  So I have been leery to share with anyone what has been going on in my life.  Monday my dad was diagnosed with colon cancer.

My.dad.has.cancer.

It's too much for me to type, much less talk about with anyone.

My thoughts are CONSUMED with it.  Thankfully right after my fear is about to overcome me, my faith runs up alongside me and pushes me back up.  I was up from 4:45 to 5:45 this morning thinking about him.

In fact my faith is so strong {God is in CONTROL} that I haven't really let myself cry.  I just know that MY God IS going to provide in this situation.

We don't have all the facts yet...what stage, treatments {other than surgery...that is a given}.  But hopefully that information will come soon.

I have been blessed my whole life to have such an amazing dad...and my kids are even more blessed to have him as their grandfather.  

I love you dad.

{circa 1980ish}

 {circa 2011ish}


1 comment:

  1. So sorry I'm late seeing this. God's got this one. Prayers for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete