Monday, June 2, 2014

Project: Tremaine House

So after YEARS (yes, years....2 weeks after we moved in one of our kids puked red fruit punch all over our brand new carpets) of hate towards our carpet we finally replaced them!!  We have new hardwoods in the Living Room and halls, as well as new carpet in all the bedrooms.  The wet areas are still tile.  I am THRILLED with the new look....except that you can see every SINGLE SPECK of dust on the woods floors.  BUT they are worth it.

I will begin painting the LR, Kitchen, halls, kids bath, master suite....basically every room except the kids bedrooms.  It WILL be a beating, but I feel my style coming together.  I guess I would call it Cottage, but not country.  Shabby, but not dirty looking.  Neutral, but pops of color.  Minimal, but not stark.  I thought I would share a few pics from my "Cottage Living" Board on Pinterest!!


Light fixture...swoon!!


Simple, minimal...perfect!!


All this...MINUS the beachy pics!



I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the exposed brick.  A.LOT!!!  Oh and the apron sink!  Not the awkward little white cabinet in front of the brick...or the weird rooster pitcher on the island!


So there ya have it...a great sample of the style I LOVE and want to try and replicate in our home!!  Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!!!  Hahaha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment