Monday, June 7, 2010

Bags Welcome Here


Here is my latest project....a place to hang your hat! Err...someplace to hang your purse, diaper bag, backpack, etc!! I was constantly putting my purse and 2-3 diaper bags in our dining room chairs and hated it. So I found this board at my Grandma's house and decided it needed a home...my home!! Teehee!! I started with the above paint...LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!


Here is the board during placement of all the hooks. I bought them at Walmart for $1.97 each. What a deal.


Yep....that is my hubbs working away....man what a hairy beast!! In case you're curious...no, he doesn't have any back hair!!! hahaha! Anyways, I marked where I wanted them and he screwed them in place.


Then he went to hang it...WHAT AN ORDEAL!! None of my ideas were working. It kept tilting and I knew once it was holding bags it would tilt even more. Luckily we came up with a few different ideas and one finally worked. Three LARGE NAILS throughout this board did the job.


Here it is before I dressed it up!! Woo-doggies!! I likey likey!! It is perfect for what our family needed. Thank goodness for free boards....beat up and all!!


And here she is all purty and stuff!!! I am not sure that the saying is exactly what I envisioned, but everyone that has come through my front door seems to like it! And then I just added some ribbon to fancy it up a little!!!


Welcome home friends....please hang your hat (or bag) and stay a while!!! ;)




Hope you enjoyed this project....I am ecstatic about her beauty and functionality!! Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. Good idea! I probably should make one of these. I am guilty of hanging on the dining room chairs also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute, and I ADORE THAT COLOR, way to GO! thanks for your visit too~ JGG

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cute, I love the colors that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I've been thinking about doing something similar to this for our entry way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popping over from Life in the PItts...

    This is a great idea! I need one in my entrance way. We always seem to end up with a pile of bags and scarves and stuff on the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loooove that color of blue..LOVE

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. If you are interested in following I hold a special monthly drawing for super fun prizes, EXCLUSIVELY from my list of followers...JUST for following. If you are a commenter that month your name earns extra entries. FUN right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a perfect solution and looks good to boot!

    Thanks for linking up with Sugar & Spice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable! Love the colors,
    -Crystal
    crystalscraftspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great idea, and great color! good for you. your little boy is so adorable, and i hope for his health and your strength to get through what brings your way.

    thank you so much for stopping by the cape on the corner, and for your kind words on my half moon table!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks adorable, and it shows off your purses really well :) And your comment about your hairy husband has me laughing.

    Thank you for participating the Creative Therapy session at Life in the Pitts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the color you used, and I'm always a fan of hooks - nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job!
    Thanks for sharing @ Anything Related!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's darling!! I love the colors, and the lettering is the right touch!
    justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the color you chose! Thanks for linking up!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I need to make one of these! My diaper bag is always on the floor and someone tends to rummage through it:) Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need one of these. Good luck in AC.
    Jessica-Mommy Creations

    ReplyDelete