Sunday, June 13, 2010

Star-Spangled Wreath


My poor front door wreath has been naked for a while now...and I decided it was time for a change. Well, this is what I started with...a couple of stars and a wreath hook!! All three pieces were on sale at Target....$1.50 each!!! Rock on!! I never hit GREAT deals like this! I knew once I saw these pretties I had to have them!!


I changed out my plain jane wreath holder for the new "lovely" and then went to work on the little stars.


The stars had these horrible ugly wire pieces attached to them...but I replaced it with my handy dandy raffia!! Easy Peasy!! ;)



Here they are in all their GLORY!! This was such an easy project, but made a big difference to my front door!!



And there ya have it....my purdy patriotic wreath....good to go throughout the summer...well at least until the end of July!

I already have plans for my next wreath. I found the idea on another blog.... http://thecottagehome.blogspot.com/2010/05/summer-fabric-rag-wreath-tutorial.html...it is one GORGEOUS WREATH!! Enjoy friends!!

17 comments:

  1. Cute! I love those stars!

    I'm hosting a Fab Finds for the 4th party each Thursday til 4th of July. Would love for you to link this cutie up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!
    Thanks for sharing @ Anything Related No.11!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I want one now. Think I'll head to Target on my lunch hour! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simplicity of this - super cute! The flag stars are fabulous! Visiting from SDC. Hope you are enjoying your week! ~Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this wreath!! I'm heading to Target tomorrow in hopes that I can make one too! Thanks so much for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those cute little stars! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for linking this great wreath up to Fab Finds for the Fourth! Stop by again next Thursday!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is adorable!!! I love red, white and blue! Soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so simple, but sooo cute! I Love it!! Visiting from Simply Sweet friday linky party.
    justsewsassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how simple this is. I think I'm going to make one for my door, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the wreath! I get such a high when I find things at Target or the Dollar Tree and can make something fabulous out of very little...however I am usually copying something I have seen in blog land HA! I am just not creative enough to come with ideas on my own! :)

    Thank you for sharing!!
    -Ashley-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Details can make all the difference - right? I love the rafia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the simplicity! Following from Friday favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very Cute!! I love it. Thanks for the tip on the stuff at Target!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Turned out great and can't beat the price! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is awesome! What a difference. Thanks for linking up!

    Vanessa @ Craft Envy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute! I love patriotic stuff!

    Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete