Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day


TO MY FATHER,

I am so grateful that God chose you to be my daddy. You have been an incredible influence on my life....you always have been. I remember when I was little and thought, "my dad knows everything" then I got older and thought, "my dad knows a lot, but not everything" and finally, "my dad can tell you SOMETHING about EVERYTHING...even if he is just making it up!!" I remember riding in the car with you and listening to you talk, and you would casually turn your head in different directions slowly taking it all in. I could listen to you talk all day. I knew that I wanted to be just like you when I grew up....laid back, smart, maybe even a bit of a smart mouth, and confident. I hope that some of those qualities did rub off on me. Thank you for being my own personal "Heathcliff Huxtable". I love you dearly daddy.



TO THE FATHER OF MY CHILDREN,

Where to start? I thank God for you daily. He blessed me beyond measure when he joined our two hearts together many MANY many years ago!! Teehee. We just celebrated 10 years of "mostly" wedded bliss.....and you have been a father for 8 of those years. You are so great with our kiddos...you play football with Aidan, you listen to Finn tell his "stories", you even dress up in scarves and hats for B, and you hold Owen with such a sweet tenderness. They are blessed to call you daddy. Four kids was NEVER in our plan, but I gotta admit you handle being a FATHER OF FOUR pretty well!! I hope our kids get your "never meets a stranger" personality, your goofy sweet grin, your selfless manner, your quiet confidence and strong love for family. You have my heart, but you hold your kiddos hearts in your hand also!! We love you sweetheart.


TO MY HEAVENLY FATHER,

I couldn't be me without you, I couldn't be a wife or mom without you. Even though I am struggling to feel your presence in my life right now, I know deep down that life is nothing without you. I am so grateful for all that you do for me....today especially I thank you for my daddy and my husband. They are two wonderful men in my life. (I also thank you for my father-in-law Bill...a great father to Joey and great grandfather to my kiddos.) Thank you for watching over me as a father does, for guiding me as a father does, and for loving me unconditionally as a father does. I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment