Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday?

I have always wondered why "they" would call today Good Friday....in my eyes it was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  But oh, so much good came from this day.  In fact the best came from this day....although to hear the details it would rock your world, and leave you awed and speechless.

A few years ago, when Passion of the Christ came to the theaters, Joey and I went to watch it.  I knew it would be hard...I knew it would probably be graphic....what I was not prepared for was how I would react to the movie.  Played out in front of my eyes...Jesus beaten, battered, bruised, bullied, harassed...tortured is the best way to describe it.  I couldn't handle most of the movie...I hid my face in Joey's shirt and clung to him as I unashamedly wept...BIG tears.  I cried through most of the movie...my eyes burned, my heart ached and my head pounded.  I had finally seen on the big screen a close rendering to what happened to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  He was tortured and hung on a cross....and we can't forget the nails hammered into his hands and feet, a sword thrust in his side.  There hanging on a cross he was facing my sin, your sin, ALL SIN.  And willingly he took on ALL SIN so we could go to Heaven. We are forgiven because he was forsaken.  We are accepted because he was condemned.  
When Joey and I returned home from the movie I had to sleep the rest of the afternoon.  I was so spent...so much emotion, so MANY tears, my heart was in pieces and my head hurt so much I couldn't keep my eyes open to the light.  I will never be the same.....whenever I reflect on what Jesus did for us, my mind drifts towards that movie.  Although not every single detail in the movie is correct, it's still a great depiction of the events that happened so many years ago.

As I sit here crying BIG tears again, I can't help but cry out to my Lord and say THANK YOU.  Thank you for giving your life for my sins, my guilt, my shame, my FAULTS!!  I LOVE YOU LORD with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my mind.  I am FOREVER CHANGED.  What a GREAT Friday!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment