Monday, December 30, 2013

Photo Dump...More Scary Ice

Monday...the 4th day of the horrible ICEmagedon...I had to go see my doctor.  It was crazy scary sliding down my driveway and getting out of the neighborhood, but the main roads were fine.  Then came parking at said doctor's office...it was awful!!  I pulled in at an angle taking up 2 parking spots.  I tried to reverse and ended up in 3 parking spots.  I decided that was as good as it was going to get.  I headed into my appt, all the time wondering how I was going to back out of the parking spots.  When I returned to my car, I tried to back up, but "Black Beauty" {my SUV} went nowhere.  Now at this point I really wanted to call my Daddy to come rescue me....but seeing as how that would put him out in the icy mess, I just decided to drive forwards..onto the large grassy area, sidewalk and eventually onto the street.  I only had two obstacles in my way...I had to drive between a tree on my left and a street sign on my right!!!  But I DID IT, I DID IT!!  I cheered myself on the whole time.  Ha!!



That night I determined that we were going out to eat...I was tired of cooking, baking, prepping and serving!!  It was the best meal ever!!


The kiddos and I watched The Grinch in our bed that night!  It was wonderful!!


The big kids finally went back to school Wednesday...thank goodness!!  We were all tired of each other! Ha!


Grandma so lovingly bought us new a new washer and dryer from Lowe's.  Owen and I met her and Grandpa to look at them.  Owen had a blast "trying some out"!



Thursday morning!



B lost her tooth at school!!!  Yay!!  Now she is missing both her top front two teeth!!



Thursday afternoon, while B was at gymnastics, we hung out at Ashlee's house...where Owen decided to dress up as a ninja Thomas the Train!!  


After we picked B up, we headed to the book fair at school.  They each picked out a new book...thanks Grandma for the spending money!!!


That night I needed something sweet and salty....so I made these...YUMMMMO!!!


Friday was a pretty big day.  Joey was fired turned in his notice at work, we returned his company car and then did some Christmas shopping.




Friday night we had our Christmas fellowship with our Sunday school class!  It was held at our worship leader's house.  It was very nice and everyone had a good time.  I LOVED it, because I got to hold a newborn baby girl!!!  Aw, so sweet!!




What a roller coaster week...dangerous in the beginning, fun in the middle, facing difficult times and a great night of fellowship in the end. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment