Saturday, September 15, 2012

Nest Meets Wreath

So I had a pretty crafty day this past Friday!! :)  

I bought this precious little birds nest in Canton back in early May.  I didn't know what I wanted to do with it, but I wanted people to be able to see it.  Well, after many attempts at sitting it on its side, I decided that wasn't gonna work.  I also didn't like what I had in one of my art niches in the foyer.  I sat and pondered for a few months days and came up with the following idea...my nest + a skinny wreath + some feathers + some other fillers = something cute...maybe?  So a month ago or so I bought all the pieces (very cheap with Hob Lob coupons..probably only spent $10 plus the cost of the nest at Canton, which was about $4).  And the process began:



I just randomly stuck these pretty neat looking reeds down into the wreath...they fit so well together...



Next I added this BEAUTIFUL off-white feather.  I love it...



Then I added this little feather bunch.  I don't know why feathers are so dang expensive...but I found this little beauty for $1.99!!  Yay me!



The next step was to hot glue that little nest right on the wreath!!  I adjusted everything and voila!!  So beautiful!  And it accomplished my goal of getting that precious nest up and visible!




In its new home...sorry the picture quality seems so fuzzy.  I was taking all these pics at night, so I was working with a harsh flash. :(



One last look.  :)  


I plan on keeping this up through Fall and put it out again during winter.  But I will probably put it away for Spring and Summer.  I really like it a lot.  I still need to dress this area up a little more, but I love this addition!!  {A shout out to my Momma...THANKS for the awesome wreath holder!  I love it!}

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to use a nest in a wreath. This is unique and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and so elegant. I"m a new subscriber so will be visiting you to see what you're up to.
    I have 4 kids too but mine are all grown up, with families of their own. It happens so fast. Enjoy every one of them for as long as you have them close. They're so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wreath! I love all the rustic, natural elements you used.

    ReplyDelete